I wrote my first story this month about a mother’s love for her lost child, and now I’ve written this one about a father trying not to lose his daughter. Somehow the only way to save her IS to lose her. Being a mom has sure changed the way I think, the way I write. My characters tend to be older, with more serious problems, and serious solutions that hurt as much as they help. So long as I never have to experience what my characters do, I think I can live with that.
Dawn Bonanno on Writing News Moon on Writing News Dawn Bonanno on Writing News Moon on Writing News Dawn Bonanno on Writing News
- @stewartcbaker That was a crazy prompt too. Very good use of the prompt. :) 2 days ago
- TFW your edit notes are longer than the original flash fiction draft. #amwriting 1 month ago
- @BethCato synchronized landing - so graceful and magnificent. 1 month ago
- @AlexisAHunter Season 2. It's 2 after White Bear. 1 month ago
- @AlexisAHunter You might want to wait on White Christmas too. It's the most disturbing episode I've seen yet. 1 month ago
- I'm having an "everything I write is stupid" day. *rips hair out* 1 month ago
- 1st draft Acceptance Anthony's Mission Bookshelf Bound Calico Under Cherry Blossom Cara's Heartsong Children's Lit computer Crit critiquing Daily Progress Daily Science Fiction dayjob Editing Etherea In Her Veins Eve Fading Light family Fitness FM Merry Go Round Forgotten Star Goals/Results Hunter's Honor Hunter Hunted Hunting the Red Hunting the Reds Inspiration Jimmy's Blue Angel Life Lonely Orchard MGR Blog Tour Moondust Nighthunter's Bite Nonfiction Books novels Once A Thief parsec Please Help published question Reading Remembrance Research Revelations Revision SAD shadow of blood Short Stories short story Short Story Review Stalker Stone Forest Submission submission reminder Sunguard Surrender Sword and Sorceress Takeshi's Gift Thank You The Crossing The Encroaching Hand of Winter Tiger Princess titles Treischan Strength triangulation Uncategorized viable paradise Watering the Black Violas website Whispers Winter Warrior Write1Sub1 writers of the future Writing
looking for something specific?