My life is officially chaotic. It shouldn’t be an excuse for not writing, but here I am. Personal life had some fun but busying things: my daughter turned 5, we threw her a party, family came in from out of town, I took my fitness much more seriously (and lost 2 lbs), I’m under the guidance of a mentor at work, we’ve had my son evaluated by several therapists in an attempt to get his speech on track, met multiple times with our case manager, made a plan for his therapy, and I’m still trying to write those thank you notes from the birthday party. I didn’t accomplish as much as I’d hoped for my writing. I stopped waking early for my AM writing session. I started using lunches for working out. Afternoon writing sessions were lost to the Mom in me, wanting to pick up the kids at 4:30 instead of 6pm. I chose to focus on my family this month. It makes the writer in me antsy, but she’s greedy and will just have to wait for July.
- Novel Writing – two scenes (plus I reread the parts already written and updated my outline);
- Clarion Challenge #1 (based on my novel in progress)
- Crits – 3 (picking up the pace at OWW)
- Reading – 3 (audio books; also have 2 paperbacks in progress)
- Blogging – more regularly, with more writerly content
- Rejections – 4; Submissions 5
- Resume daily writing!
- Novel: writing (10k) SoB – 500w daily
- Short Story Drafts x1 (Conduit)
- Short Story Revision x2 (Etherea/Surrender)
- Clarion challenges x4
- Read x2
- Crits x8
- New Submissions 1 (7/31 Warrior Wisewoman deadline)
Vacation 7/11-7/14 celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary.
Also: VP declined my application, but a fellow FMer is on the waitlist. I’m crossing my fingers for her, and making my plan for next year’s application.
I need to be both Mom and Writer this month. Some of the issues we’re dealing with should settle down, the exercise is helping me sleep better, and I should be able to start using mornings again for writing. It’s summer, so I’ll probably still pick the kids up early a few days a week, but I’m going to try and squeeze mini sessions in before I get them. Twenty minutes is better than none. On with July.